Up to 36 residents at a Liverpool aged care facility were evacuated last Thursday after an electrical switchboard sparked a fire.

Firefighters were able to quickly contain the blaze, before using a thermal imaging camera to look for more fires in the roof area. A gas detector was also used to check the air quality inside the facility.

It’s the eighth fire at a aged care home or village we have reported on this year.

Image credit: Daily Telegraph.

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter

The Donaldson Sisters present important topics and perspectives on the table for open discussion – topics that don’t often get raised in the mainstream media and voices and perspectives less frequently heard. Subscribe to their newsletter here.