Situated in a central location, convenient to major shopping centres, the hospital and community recreational precincts, St James Retirement Village provides carefree retirement living for those ready to enjoy their golden years. Offering a range of high quality facilities including a restaurant, sparkling outdoor swimming pool with spa, gym, common rooms, library, hair salon and more, residents can enjoy the relaxed community environment or retreat to the privacy of their own homes.
St James provides a lifestyle that enables you to remain independent and keep active in the wider community for as long as possible, while living in a secure, supportive and social environment. St James Retirement Village offers a wide range of personally tailored lifestyle options, which provide you with lifestyle choices if, or when, you need them.
Local area and lifestyle
The Townsville region in North Queensland is a bustling and vibrant destination boasting diversity in landscape, an enviable lifestyle and experiences to suit everyone. Whether you prefer barramundi fishing in the Burdekin or Hinchinbrook, strolling along the streets of downtown Townsville, bird watching in the surrounding wetlands, or taking a wagon ride in Charters Towers, you will find it all in Townsville and its surrounds.
With reef, rainforest, outback and wetlands all within an hour or two , it’s hard to go past this region when you are thinking of retiring. Churches of Christ Care invites you to visit the village and see for yourself why St James has earned the reputation of a carefree, safe and convenient lifestyle choice for retirees.
Our residents enjoy the freedom to do the things they have always wanted to do.
* Images are indicative only
- One bedroom one bathroom
- Modern and completely refurbished unit
- Modern Kitchenette
- Built in wardrobe
- Security screens and doors
- Generous size living area opening onto an outdoor patio area
- Air-conditioning plus ceiling fans
- 24-hour Emergency Response System offered with every unit
- Onsite restaurant open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner
- Library, Seniors Internet Kiosk and hairdresser
- Spacious landscaped grounds fully maintained
- Sparkling outdoor swimming pool with spa
- Health and Wellness Centre.
- Serviced unit features
- For an additional fee we can offer you:
- Weekly cleaning
- Weekly linen service
- Lunch and dinner in our restaurant or in-room dining.
To view the Form 3 (Village Comparison Document) please click the Churches of Christ in Queensland logo which will take you through our website.
Code of Conduct
The Retirement Living Code of Conduct (Code) is a voluntary industry code and is an initiative of the peak bodies representing Retirement Communities across Australia – the Retirement Living Council (Property Council) and Leading Aged Services Australia. Churches of Christ in Queensland is a signatory to the Code, and fully supports the vision and objectives.
The vision is to promote and protect the independence, privacy, dignity, happiness, safety and security of older people through the provision of specialised, quality, fit-for-purpose housing, with tailored support services, within a community environment
The objectives of the Code are to:
- Promote and protect the interests of current and future residents;
- Help implement regulation in a way that creates high and consistent standards regarding the marketing, sales and operation of Retirement Communities that are above and beyond statutory obligations;
- Promote trust and confidence in the sector;
- Provide a framework to assist open, transparent and efficient resolution of complaints by residents’ against signatories to the Code;
- Provide industry leadership to promote effective self-regulation that complements and builds on existing regulatory arrangements.
For a copy of the Code of Conduct or our Village Comparison Document please visit www.RetireWithUs.com.au