Maintain Your Independence
Jewish Care understands how important it is for you to remain independent while living at home. That’s why we offer a variety of home care packages to suit your needs, making your life easier.
Whether you need a little extra help around the house, running errands, assistance recovering from a hospital stay or just someone to check-in on you through the week, Jewish Care’s In-Home Services is the answer.
A home care package gives you the opportunity to enjoy quality, compassionate care from our qualified Case Managers, Assessment Officers and Support Workers who will:
• Assist you in maintaining independence at home
• Listen, understand and support your care needs
• Be flexible and responsive
• Discuss and develop an individual plan with you, to meet your goals
• Help you to continue participation in your social activities and stay connected to your community
• Assist you in accessing other available services
Our In-Home Services Support Team is available to answer your call from 5:00am to 11:00pm, 7 days per week. They are ready to answer your questions and help tailor a home care package to suit you.
You can choose from many different services that come together to make up your personal home care package.
Each package can be modified to meet your individual requirements.
What Services Can I Receive?
• Domestic cleaning
• Essential garden maintenance
• Minor home modifications
• Essential home safety maintenance
• Spring cleaning
• Meal preparation
• Showering and dressing
• Personal hygiene assistance
• Assistance with medication
• Escorted shopping
• Assistance with errands, banking and paying bills
• Assisted transport to appointments
• Mobility equipment (e.g. walking frames)
• Social/recreational activities and outings
• Support to attend community venues and events
• Respite for carers
• Overnight care
• Pet care
• Nursing care
• Referrals made to allied health services
Our Caring Staff
We pride ourselves in finding the absolute best Support Workers who are professionally qualified to provide you with the highest level of service. We are dedicated to ensuring that our care and supervision exceeds your expectations.
Our Support Workers:
• All have Certificate III in Aged Care as a minimum qualification
• Are selected based on experience, qualifications and attitude, reflecting the values that underpin our organisation
• Are insured and have undergone police and reference checks
• Receive ongoing training in first aid, CPR, infection control, manual handling and more
• Speak many languages
We support anyone, from all cultural and religious backgrounds, who want to live independently and remain active in their own home. We provide government subsidised and privately funded home care packages that are tailored to your needs and preferences.
People who benefit from our services include:
• People living with disability
• People living with a chronic illness
• People recovering from illness or surgery
• Families and carers seeking respite